Hilltop Montessori School (Brattleboro, VT)
For 35 years Hilltop Montessori School has been serving the needs of students ages 3 through grade 8. When the school’s long-term lease was abruptly cancelled it had little more than two years to develop and execute a strategic plan of action that would provide them with a permanent home.
As Head of School at the time, KSC’s principal partner, Kevin Campbell, coordinated the planning, design, financing, fundraising, permitting and construction of 15,000 sf of new and renovated classroom, administrative, and community facilities on a 43 acre campus.
- Type: Capital project and capital campaign coordination
- Client: Hilltop Montessori School
- Hard & Soft costs: $4.3 million
- Capital Campaign: $2.5 million
- Financing: Private—$500,000; public—(USDA) $1.0 million
- Outcome: HMS moved into its new home June 2010 on time, on budget