Hilltop Montessori School Brattleboro, Vt
For 45 years Hilltop Montessori School has been serving the needs of students ages 3 through grade 8. When the school’s long-term lease was abruptly cancelled it had little more than two years to develop and execute a strategic plan of action that would provide them with a permanent home.
KSC’s principal partner, Kevin Campbell, coordinated the planning, design, financing, fundraising, permitting and construction of 15,000 sf of new and renovated classroom, administrative, and community facilities on a 43 acre campus.
- Type: Capital Project coordination
- Hard & Soft costs: $4.3 million
- Outcome: HMS moved into its new home June 2010 on time, on budget
- Type: Capital Campaign / Loan Coordination
- Capital Campaign: In its first Capital Campaign, HMS successfully raised $2.7 million from 211 individual donations and gifts-in-kind.
- Financing: $1.7 million construction loan; $1.5 million in permanent private financing; $1.0 million public USDA funds secured.