Hillside Montessori of LaGrange,
Founded in 2011, Hillside Montessori of LaGrange is an age three through grade 8 independent school primarily serving the Troupe County community. Having grown quickly to an enrollment of 70 students spread across four program levels, HML is poised for the next stage in its steady growth. Presently housed in a cavernous former public school, its facilities are greatly at odds with both its mission and vision.
HML is truly the little engine that could as it has set its sights squarely on the uphill climb of securing a home of its own to accommodate its projected growth as well as ensure a sustainable future. KSC was retained specifically to advance that pursuit. The school has secured a substantial leadership seed grant from a local foundation as well as a donation of five prime acres on which to locate a new campus. KSC has provided critical support in charting a cost-effective development path and a successful capital campaign in the form of budget, timing, design, planning, team building, and procedural guidance for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and the Building and Capital Campaign Committees.
- Type: Capital Project and Campaign coordination
- Client: Hillside Montessori of LaGrange
- Scope: Master planned development of five-acre campus including 13,000sf of newly constructed, eco-friendly classroom and administrative space and a fully prepared outdoor learning and play environment.
- Hard & Soft costs: Estimated to be $3.2 million
- Outcome: The project is presently entering the concept stage of study and design and the campaign is preparing to launch its leadership phase.
- Type: Capital Campaign / Loan Coordination
- Capital Campaign: $1.2 million
- Financing: Exploration of financing options in progress